If you want to take your GoPro HERO 10 on your next adventure, you need a good SD card with appropriate size. This type of card should be able to record and save a lot of photos and videos without any problems.
In this article, you will learn about the different sizes of microSD cards that work with the GoPro HERO 10, and how long each size can record.
What SD Card Fits Well With GoPro HERO 10?
The GoPro Hero 10 Black has one slot for a microSD card. The card should be able to handle the high bitrate offered by HERO 10.
The HERO10 Black uses the UHS-I host specification, so you won’t get added benefits if you put a UHS-II card in it. Though it would work perfectly fine owing to the rollback mechanism.
Speed Class is the official unit of speed measurement for all SD cards. There are five different speed classes – 2,4,6,8,10 (10 being the fattest and 2 being the slowest). It gives you the minimum transfer rate of data that the card is capable of. In the case of GoPro HERO 10, Class 10 microSD cards with V30 or UHS-3 rating are recommended for best results.
If you want to check the speed of your memory card use one of the following apps: 5 Best Free SD Card Speed Test Tools.
Memory Card Sizes For GoPro HERO 10
Memory Card that you should use with GoPro Hero10 should be fast!
We recommend you to opt for one the these SD Card seizes for your GoPro HERO 10 camera:
Don’t use bigger card sizes like 512GB or 1TB in size as you can damage your card and the data will be lost. Th optimal choice would be to use 128GB cards, they work well in all scenarios.
For more on compatible Memory card sizes for different GoPro models, visit this article:
GoPro HERO 10 SD Card Recording Time
For you to make an idea about what are estimated amount of photo and duration of video material I prepared this list:
32GB Memory Card Recording Time:
- Amount of Pictures: 12,157
- 5K (30fps) Video: 48 Mins
- 4K (60fps) Video: 48 Mins.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 48 Mins.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 1:00 Hr.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 1:00 Hr.
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 1:19 Hrs.
- 720p (60fps) Video: 1:19 Hrs.
- 720p (50fps) Video: 1:55 Hrs.
64 GB Memory Card Recording Time:
- Amount of Pictures: 24,337
- 5K (30fps) Video: 1:37 Hrs.
- 4K (60fps) Video: 1:37 Hrs.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 1:37 Hrs.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 2:06 Hrs.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 2:06 Hrs.
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 2:38 Hrs.
- 720p (60fps) Video: 2:38 Hrs.
- 720p (50fps) Video: 3:50 Hrs.
128 GB Memory Card Recording Time:
- Amount of Pictures: 48,960
- 5K (30fps) Video: 3:15 Hrs.
- 4K (60fps) Video: 3:15 Hrs.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 3:15 Hrs.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 4:02 Hrs.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 4:02 Hrs.
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 5:18 Hrs.
- 720p (60fps) Video: 5:18 Hrs.
- 720p (50fps) Video: 7:43 Hrs.
256 GB Memory Card Recording Time:
- Amount of Pictures: 97920
- 5K (30fps) Video: 6:30 Hrs.
- 4K (60fps) Video: 6:30 Hrs.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 6:30 Hrs.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 8:00 Hrs.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 8:00 Hrs.
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 10:36 Hrs.
- 720p (60fps) Video: 10:36 Hrs.
- 720p (50fps) Video: 15:26 Hrs.
GoPro Recommended Memory Cards for HERO 10
Take a look at these 2 SD Cards that are officially recommended by GoPro for Hero 9:
microSD Card SanDisk Extreme UHS-I
- Brand: SanDisk
- Maximum Read Speed: 160MB/s
- Maximum Write Speed: 90MB/s
- Speed Class: UHS-I, Class 10
- Capacity: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB & 1TB
- Up to 160MB/s read speeds to save time transferring high res images and 4K UHD videos...
- Up to 90MB/s write speeds for fast shooting; Requires compatible devices capable of...
- 4K UHD and Full HD Ready with UHS speed class 3 (U3) and video speed class 30 (V30)
The SanDisk Extreme microSD card is one of our top recommended cards for the GoPro HERO 10. With up to 160 MB/s read speed and 90 MB/s write speed, you can record and transfer high-resolution images and 4K UHD videos very quickly. SanDisk cards have a strong exterior which makes them temperature proof, waterproof, shockproof, and X-ray proof. They are available in 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 400GB, 512GB and 1TB sizes..
microSD Card Samsung EVO Select UHS-I
- Brand: Samsung
- Speed Class: UHS-I, Class 10
- Maximum Read Speed: 130MB/s
- Maximum Write Speed: 90MB/s
- Capacity: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- ALL THE SPACE YOU NEED: Store lots of media on your phone with this micro SD memory...
- FAST AND SMOOTH: Superfast U3, class 10 rated transfer speeds of up to...
- EXPAND AND STORE BIG: The EVO Select card ranges from 64GB - 512GB, allowing you to...
The Samsung EVO Select microSD card is a great choice for your HERO 10. It’s one of the most popular cards on Amazon. It has a quick read and write speed of 130 MB/s and 90 MB/s respectively. That means it can handle high bitrate videos and burst mode photography easily. The card is also made with strong and durable material to withstand harsh weather conditions.
For all the options of the best memory cards for Hero 10 check out: 10 Best SD Cards for GoPro Hero 10 (Filmmaker’s Guide).
It’s generally considered a good practice to format your SD card before using it with your GoPro Hero 10. By formatting, you can ensure that the card is properly set up for optimal performance and compatibility with your device. Formatting can help prevent any potential issues or errors that may arise from using an improperly formatted card. Read more: How to Format Your GoPro Memory Cards (Easy Ways).
What is The Best Sd Card Size For GoPro Hero 10?
HERO 10 is an awesome action camera with really cool features. The high bitrate means you need a microSD card that won’t lag or run out too quickly. Choose the right size so you can shoot high-quality videos and pictures. We recommend you to consider buying 128GB SD Card for the best ever shots.
You might want to plan ahead and think about how many hours of 4K video you’ll be recording when you choose your card. Have fun taking home some great memories from your next trip!
Thank you for reading this guide! I hope that it was helpful in teaching you everything you need to know about the best SD cards for your GoPro HERO 10:)
Don’t forget to share this article on social media with your family and friends.